Want To Join Our Team?
Careers at Cotts!
If you think you have what it takes to join our team here at Cotts Equine, then we want to hear from you!
We will advertise any vacancies here as and when they arise but if you feel you are right for us, please send a copy of your CV, along with a letter explaining what you can bring to our team to :
Full time Receptionist
Full-time receptionist required for equine veterinary practice based in Narberth, Pembrokeshire, South Wales as part of Wales’ first and only Equine Hospital team.
We are looking for a keen, well-motivated, methodical individual to join our expanding first-opinion and referral practice in South Wales to support the veterinary team. The successful candidate will be based at our practice in Narberth; one of our three clinics along the South Wales corridor.
Providing front of house service, responsible to the Office Manager, Key Responsibilities include:
- Reception duties and daily communication with clients via telephone or in person
- Organising and updating the practice diary and co-ordinating vets with visits
- Receiving emails and faxes and directing them accordingly
- Advising relevant vet when client arrives, ensuring gate shutting, giving correct direction for parking and offering refreshments as required
- Print off consent forms for the daily appointments at the practice
- Ensure client completes and signs admission/consent form and make client aware of details within the form, and checking insurance status of the horse.
- Upon discharge, ensuring client receives discharge form, any medication dispensed from the pharmacy and passport and take payment for non-insured horses or excess for insured horses
- Organising and authorisation of repeat prescriptions after veterinary approval
- Ensuring out of hours service is informed of on-call vet and phones are diverted/cancelled as required.
- Updating client details, filing and scanning documents as necessary
- Ensuring new client registrations are filled out and terms of business are advised
- Taking payments from clients via cheque, cash or card and entering onto PMS Eclipse, payment book and till as required.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail including lab samples and results, franking outgoing mail
- Signing for deliveries
- Organising the reception area on a daily basis to ensure it is kept clean and tidy. To undertake such duties when required to maintain a safe and efficient veterinary hospital,
- Run daily audit trail and balancing of till when required
- Ensuring the till contents are secured in the safe and lights are turned off, windows/doors etc are locked and building alarmed at end of day
- To adhere to all policies and procedures including health and safety
You will need to work closely with the other receptionists, equine nurses, as well as with the vets.
The ability to touch type would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Veterinary practice is varied and can sometimes be unpredictable, therefore a flexible approach is imperative.
Confidentiality is crucial at all times in relation to client, patient and financial information.
Normal Working Hours:
Normal working hours are 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Any authorised overtime will be paid at your normal hourly rate.
You are entitled to 20 days holiday per year plus the eight statutory bank holidays.
You will be entitled to statutory sick leave and parental leave/time off for dependants.
£18,720 – £20,800 dependent on experience plus benefits including bike to work scheme, company pension, employee discount and healthcare cover.
About the Practice
We provide a prompt, professional and comprehensive service for our clients, whilst remaining approachable and friendly. The successful candidates will be ambitious and driven to continually improve, whilst remaining as team-players. We provide the support for personal growth; continually re-investing in personnel and equipment to provide the very best experience for all our employees.
Narberth lies in South Pembrokeshire. A bustling market town, that offers central access along the stunning Pembrokeshire coastline.
If you have a passion for horses, and are a confident and good team player, this could be the job for you. Further information about us, please see our website
www.cottsequine.co.uk or @Cottsequine on Facebook and Instagram.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV including at least one reference to email@example.com. Closing date 31 July 21
Full-time Vet: Swansea
Full-time equine vet wanted for ambulatory work in Swansea, South Wales as part of Wales’ first and only Equine Hospital team.
We are looking for a keen, well-motivated individual to join our expanding first-opinion and referral practice in South Wales. The successful candidate will be based at our practice in Swansea; one of our three clinics along the South Wales corridor. You will have the full support of the other experienced ambulatory vets within the team, as well as European-boarded specialists in both surgery and internal medicine based at our RCVS accredited Tier-3 Hospital in Narberth, Pembrokeshire.
We provide a prompt, professional and comprehensive service for our clients, whilst remaining approachable and friendly. The successful candidates will be ambitious and driven to continually improve, whilst remaining as team-players. We provide the support for personal growth; fund and encourage CPD and continually re-invest in personnel and equipment to provide the very best experience for both our vets and clients. Our remuneration pay-scale rewards both experience and length of service, with bonuses for certificate holders and previous internships.
Our client base is very diverse, although an interest in racing and sports horse medicine will be useful. This diversity allows personal interests to be explored and expanded.
Swansea is fortunate to have the beautiful Gower peninsula on its doorstep, but is also centrally placed for convenient access along the South Wales M4 corridor: with the thriving city of Cardiff, the Brecon Beacons and the diverse scenery of the valleys to the East, and the breathtaking Pembrokeshire coastline to the west, all within an hours drive. Outdoor pursuits are high on the agenda as a result, with a wide range of outdoor sports available.
If you have a passion for horses and share a work-hard/play-hard ethos, this could be your dream job. Further information about us, please see our website
www.cottsequine.co.uk or @Cottsequine on Facebook and Instagram.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV, including at least one reference by Friday 16th July 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org