At Cotts we have an experienced team of stud vets, including RCVS certificate holder Graham Fowke, offering a wide range of reproductive services.
- Pre breeding soundness exams
- Pre breeding (CEM) swabs and blood tests (EVA and EIA)
- Preparation for natural cover
- Fresh, chilled and frozen artificial insemination (AI)Pregnancy scans
- Embryo transferInvestigation of sub fertile/barren mares
- Twin reductions
- Semen evaluation
- Investigation of infertility in stallions
- Storage of frozen semen
- Neonatal medicine
Procedures may be carried out on the yard or at the hospital where we have excellent stud facilities. Some procedures such as frozen AI and embryo transfer are best performed at the hospital.
We offer stud packages for natural cover and AI. The packages cost from £360 inc VAT when paid upfront. These include all scanning, standard hormones, AI, standard post cover treatments and pregnancy diagnosis up to 28 days (heart beat confirmation).
To discuss your mare, stallion or foal requirements please call the office on 01834 860871 and one our vets will be happy to advise.